Tuesday, February 23, 2021

This is a new one. Comin' to ya in 2021!

Hey guys! It's me, and I'm back for a spell. This probably won't be a good post ... I'm in a ranting sort of mood. See, I was a barista at Starbucks for the past year and a half. Working there part time as I worked on writing my books. I was hoping that would be the job I stick with to pay my bills, and live to eat. Turns out, working there was hard. I mean, physically for me it was strenuous. Though, I gave it my best, they can't deny that. I was laid off due to scheduling issues. They weren't that bad, but in the eyes of the searing-cold Starbucks corporation, they were terribly bad.

It's fine. I am not seriously sad or anything. I enjoyed my time there, and met a lot of great kids and a few good people. Now that I'm out of work for immediate cash, I'm trying to look for other employment/or ways of making money. There are a lot of opportunities out there, and I intend to find them and make them work for me. Can't help but feel inept at the moment. Especially since I have other mouths to feed, and school tuition to pay. Catholic school ... what a pain. 

On another note, my ex (my child's father) has been back in our lives for the past few months. It's been great communicating again. He said how crazy his ex-girlfriend had been, and they broke up which meant he wanted his daughter, and me back in his life. That has been nice. No, not getting back on the ex-husband train, I've just enjoyed being in contact with him again. My daughter has too. 

But, today, he says he is getting back together with her, and trying to make it all work so that we can ALL spend time together ........

I don't know what that means for me, but I'm not happy about it. She doesn't like me for one. And, I've never officially met her. Wasn't ever planning on it either. And, when he and she were together, she imposed all these rules on him, which is why we hadn't communicated successfully for over four years. I don't know why he would want to go back to a situation like that. It's completely beyond me. 

I know that none of you out there give a crap either. I'm just venting at the moment. But, if any of you want to comment, please feel free. 

In other news, I have successfully published my first book. It happened in September of 2019. Yes, I am very happy to have gotten the first book through publishing. I'm currently working on finishing my second book so that I can publish this year as well. I want to have a book release party, or something like that where I can invite everyone who has been supportive. I think it would be great to get you all together, but alas, we are in a pandemic. I don't know if it would ever be possible to do something like that again. At least, for the for-seeable future. 

Anyway, I was just venting. I wanted to write since it helps when I feel like this. And, I wanted it to be online where people can see, and if so, relate to it. I know everyone has their things, their problems. So, I thought it would be nice to know that if you going through something at the moment, maybe reading this might help you, too. 

So, that's it for now. I'll work on keeping up with this blog again since its been so long. Tootaloo for now.

<3 Until the next one ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment